Can you join the NMTF?
The NMTF is a trade association for market and street traders, events retailers and mobile caterers in the UK. You must be a permanent UK resident and over 16 years of age to join the NMTF.
What’s important for us is how you get your products in front of customers – your trading model, if you like.
If the main way you do business is by selling direct to customers, person to person, over a table, stall or through a serving hatch; and you do this on an itinerant basis, traveling from place to place – you’re welcome to join the NMTF.
If the main way you do business is by selling direct to customers, person to person, from a fixed unit in an indoor or outdoor market – you too, are welcome to join the NMTF. We are unable to admit applications to join from businesses trading from shop units.
Everyone has a different trading model. Some businesses break the mould.
On top of market and street traders, events retailers and mobile caterers, here’s a list of traders who are also eligible to join the NMTF:
- Traders in the aisles of shopping centres
- Traders in hospitals
- Traders who work single shows e.g. fetes and concerts
- Traders with stalls/stands outside stations, football grounds and the like
- Traders at exhibitions and trade fairs
- Traders who work on piers
- Traders with kiosks, including those at shopping centres