National Youth Market
The National Youth Market celebrates young entrepreneurs trading on our nation’s markets, festivals and fairs. It will take on a whole new look and feel in 2019 – rebranded as the National Young Traders Market! #YoungTraders
30 stallholders sold a range of high quality street food, artisan treats, arts and crafts, and handmade gifts. All were competing to be crowned the UK’s Young Trader of the Year!
Prizes for the UK’s Young Trader of the Year included £500 cash, one year’s free NMTF membership and a glitzy trophy! PLUS a free mobile payment terminal for 12 months from the NMTF’s sponsor, Chip & PIN Solutions.
Four Highly Commended awards were up for grabs, which included £100 cash and one year’s free NMTF membership – not to be sniffed at! Who was doing the judging? Markets experts, of course! Download the judging criteria (PDF).
- Aaron Jervier, Dumplin’, ROMFORD
- Alexandra Birchmore, Nifty Nut Butters, STROUD
- Harriet Docker, Little Loaves, CASTLEFORD
- Ishfaq Vaja, Eat with Farah, MANCHESTER
- Robert Leicester, Fruit & Vegetables, WARRINGTON
- Sam Hunt, The Urban Griller, SOLIHULL
- Tim Whiting, Crafty Beer Guy, HEREFORD
- Verity Rochester, Warwickshire Crepe Company, ALCESTER
- Wayne Shepherd, BelGem Waffle, ASHTON-UNDER-LYNE
- Becky Jackson, Funky Sprout, SHEFFIELD
- Dale Patrick-Evans, Pick ‘n’ Mix Parties & Gifts, COVENTRY
- Emily Kitchen, Em & J’s Candle & Craft Quest, DONCASTER
- Emma Ayris-Rogers, Blathnat Jewellery, YORK
- Jordan Mangnall, Jaded Heart, ROTHERHAM
- Megan Jones, Curated Makers, MANCHESTER
- Nicolette Nixon, Morningside and Gascoyne Youth Club, HACKNEY
- Sian Fall, The Candy Cottage, BARNSLEY
- Sophie Rogers, High Vibe Designs, BIRMINGHAM
Making Markets Matter is a national roadshow run by the NMTF that brings fun for all the family to the market. MMM rolled up at this year’s National Youth Market – it was an absolute blast!
For 2019, the National Youth Market will be refreshed as the National Young Traders Market. We’re going to support the delivery of more local and regional youth markets across the country, too. Watch this space!