National Youth Market
The National Youth Market celebrates young entrepreneurs trading on our nation’s markets, festivals and fairs. It will take place in Stratford-upon-Avon on 31 August and 1 September 2018 #NYM18
Over 40 stallholders will be selling a range of high quality street food, artisan treats, arts and crafts, and handmade gifts. All are competing to be crowned the UK’s Young Trader of the Year!
Prizes for the UK’s Young Trader of the Year include £500 cash, one year’s free NMTF membership and a glitzy trophy! PLUS a free mobile payment terminal for 12 months from the NMTF’s sponsor, Chip & PIN Solutions.
Four Highly Commended awards are up for grabs, which includes £100 cash and one year’s free NMTF membership – not to be sniffed at! Who’s doing the judging? Markets experts, of course! Download the judging criteria here (PDF).
- Aaron Jervier, Dumplin’, ROMFORD
- Alexandra Birchmore, Nifty Nut Butters, STROUD
- Harriet Docker, Little Loaves, CASTLEFORD
- Ishfaq Vaja, Eat with Farah, MANCHESTER
- Robert Leicester, Fruit & Vegetables, WARRINGTON
- Tim Whiting, Crafty Beer Guy, HEREFORD
- Verity Rochester, Warwickshire Crepe Company, ALCESTER
- Wayne Shepherd, BelGem Waffle, MANCHESTER
- Becky Jackson, Funky Sprout, SHEFFIELD
- Dale Patrick-Evans, Pick ‘n’ Mix Parties & Gifts, COVENTRY
- Emily Kitchen, Em & J’s Candle & Craft Quest, ROTHERHAM
- Emma Ayris-Rogers, Blathnat Jewellery, YORK
- Jordan Mangnall, Jaded Heart, ROTHERHAM
- Megan Jones, Curated Makers, MANCHESTER
- Sian Fall, The Candy Cottage, BARNSLEY
- Sophie Rogers, High Vibe Designs, BIRMINGHAM
Live music from local performers will be played throughout the day and there will be plenty of family-friendly activities, such as free games, giveaways, and trails around the market. In fact, we’ll be Making Markets Matter!
Or MMM as we affectionately call it. MMM is a national roadshow run by the NMTF that brings fun for all the family to the market. MMM will be rolling up at this year’s National Youth Market – it’s going to be a blast! See you there.
Young Trader of the Year: Rose Dyson, 17, from Barnsley, South Yorkshire, runs Pura Cosmetics. She is an extremely determined entrepreneur. Rose’s lipcare products are natural, vegan-friendly and not tested on animals. She trades online and on markets in Barnsley, Doncaster and Leeds. She was Barnsley Council’s “Market Champion.” Truly pout-pleasing!
2017’s National Youth Market award winners: (L-R) Lauran Trussler, 25, Signature Print Design; Abby Dank, 30, That Charming Shop; Rose Dyson, 17, Pura Cosmetics; Charlotte Kleban, 26, from Hand Drawn World; and Abbie Allert, 26, Mamma Made It.