Is your business ready for Brexit?
The UK has left the EU and is now in a transition period.
New rules come into place from 1 January 2021.
Leaving the EU will have an affect on:
– Importing and exporting goods
– Travelling to and from Europe
– Employing EU citizens
– Protecting data and intellectual property
The NMTF has a “Business Ready for Brexit” guide to assist you.
Helping the market industry to be business-ready for Brexit!
Checklist for market traders
- Check if you or your employees need a visa or work permit to travel to the EU – click here
- Check what you need to do to move goods from the UK to the EU – click here
- Check what you need to do to move goods from the EU to the UK – click here
- Check if you need to change how you do accounting and reporting- click here
- Check if you need the permission of the intellectual copyright holder to continue to export to the EU – click here
- Check if you need to change your contract to keep accessing personal data from the EU – click here
- Get the right certificates of conformity to move fruit and vegetables into or through the EU- click here
- Check how to register or label food or drink with a protected name- click here
- Register as an approved food establishment to export food to the EU – click here
- Check how to label food if you’re selling it in the UK or EU- click here
- Check if you can export organic food to the EU, and how to label and trade it- click here
- Check what documents you need to transport goods through the EU – click here
- Get an EORI number that starts with GB to move your goods into or out of the EU – click here
- Register for a quicker way to move your goods to the EU – click here
- Encourage your employees to check if they need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme- click here
- Disclose your designs if you want unregistered protection in the UK and EU- click here
- Check if you need to get a phytosanitary certificate to export plants to the EU- click here
- Decide how you want to make customs declarations and whether you need to get someone to deal with customs for you- click here
- Check if you need to pay a tariff on the goods you import from 1 January 2021 – click here
Information video for market traders
Filmed in Trinity Market, Hull, in October 2019.
Original resources for the Business Ready for Brexit campaign part-funded by HM Government.